25 Book Reviews

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Great New Book By Author By Lynette Austin

"The Best Laid Wedding Plans"

By Lynette Austin

Synopisis:  Jenni Beth Beaumont left her broken heart behind when she took her dream job in Savannah. But aftr her brother's death, Jenni Beth returns home to help mend her parents' hearst as well as attempt to restore their beautiful but crumbling mansion.  New dreams develop as she sests to work replacing floors and fixing pipes to convert the family homestead into the perfect wedding destination for many future brides.  However, some folks in this small Southern town are determined to see her fail at her ambitious venture. 

Cole Bryson was once the love of Jenni's life, but this charming  bachelor , an architectectural salvager has plans of his own for the Beaumont home. These two young people encounter as they butt heads and old turmoil is brought to the surface as they have to work through painful memories before they  can set the past aside and have a second chance at their own happily ever after.


My Thoughts:

I was engrossed with this fantastic romance from the first page to the very last. 

The plot moves quickly with just enough unexpected twists and turns to keep the reader wondering and waiting for the next challenge to appear. There are challenges, hurts, tragedies and complications but they are matched with joys, the patching up of the past and a second chance to repair the damages of years gone by.   

The characters are realistic and well described. Jenni Beth became my good friend to whom I wanted to give a big hug and make things all better for her.  In order for a book to meet my criteria of a GOOD one, I must be able to identify with at least one of the characters. I had no difficulty do this! Cole, as well as the Beaumont family , appealed to my inner being as I walked their paths of heartache that life often brings. 

This is a wonderful romance also involving mystery and intrigue. Why would anyone want Jenni Beth to fail??? How far would they go to make it happen?? Can the past be forgotten and forgiven??

I highly recommend this five star book!! An excellent read.

This book was supplied by NetGalley in exchange for a fair and honest review.




Enjoy the following interview with one of the characters from the story.





Misty Bottoms Character Profiles

Full Name: Luanna Grace Connors
Nickname: Lu
Occupation: Waitress at Dee-Ann’s Diner
Physical description: Five-feet-four, maroon ponytail (hiding my dishwater blond hair), pale blue eyes, and ten pounds overweight.
Age: 25

Describe yourself in 100 words or less: 

This will probably come as a shock, but I love my life. I know, I know. I’m workin’ at Dee-Ann’s Diner slinging hash all day. Not exactly what a little girl dreams of doing for the rest of her life. But tired feet and all, when I go home to Les and my three kids and hear “Mama’s home,” my heart swells.

Les has trouble keeping a job, no gettin’ around that. But the man’s got a heart of gold and, well, he’s still pretty darned sexy! That’s what got us in trouble in high school. When he’s not workin’, though, I come home to a clean house, happy kids, and dinner waiting on the table. What more could I want?

What is your favorite thing about living in Misty Bottoms? Where in Misty Bottoms can you most often be found?

Misty Bottoms has heart. If one of its own needs help, the town’s there to give it. Working at the diner, I hear it all! Nothing goes on that I don’t know about, believe me. I hear the good, the bad, and the ugly, and, truthfully, the good far outweighs the bad. I like the small-town feel, the closeness. For some, it’s probably claustrophobic. For me, it’s comforting.

Where will you be most likely to find me? At work, at home, at the grocery story, or on the soccer field. The boys love that game…and they’re good at it.

When not working, how do you spend your time? 

With a seven, five, and a three-year old? Seriously? 

If money was no object and you had 3 weeks of vacation, what would you do with your time?

Rent a room and sleep. No, seriously, we’d take the kids to Disneyland and do it up big. Although I have to admit there’s a selfish part of me that would like to dump the kids on my mom and run away with Les on a Caribbean cruise. No cooking, no cleaning, no wiping kids’ noses for three weeks? Yeah, that would be nice.

Describe your dream wedding:

I’ve actually talked to Les about this. When the kids are a little older, I’d like us to renew our vows in church. The two boys can walk me down the aisle to their daddy, and my baby girl can be my maid of honor. I get kind of weepy thinking about it, actually

I want to do it in the spring, when everything is new again, with lots of tulips and some pink and white dogwood blossoms. With three kids, I think a white gown is out, but I’d like something soft and feminine in ivory. Then I’d invite everybody over to our house for a big Southern barbecue and, since we didn’t have one the first time around, I really want a cake this time. Since this is my dream wedding we’re talking about, I’d like a three-tiered cake with real flowers on top…and music and dancing. 

In the back of my closet, I have a pretty little box, and I’m putting part of my tips in it every week. This is one dream I intend to make come true. 
Buy Links

Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/1OQ4ram
Indie Bound: http://bit.ly/1KmbMbg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...