25 Book Reviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Stakes are High!! Nancy Mehl Set My Heart Pounding With Her New Thriller/Suspense!!!

            "Fatal Frost"

           By Nancy Mehl

Synopsis:

Mercy Brennan followed in her father's footsteps in a law enforcement career, but she has no interest in any other connection to him. A U.S. Marshal in St. Louis, Missouri, she's assigned to a joint task force with the St. Louis PD that puts her back into contact with her father and in the sights of St. Louis's most powerful gang.

When the gang has reason to believe Mercy has possession of some highly sensitive and incriminating information, her boss assigns Mark St. Laurent--a Deputy U.S. Marshal and Mercy's ex-boyfriend--to get her out of town until they can guarantee her safety. 

Initially unaware of the danger she's in and uncomfortable working with Mark, Mercy's frustration escalates when she discovers the extent her boss and Mark have been keeping her in the dark. It isn't until a freak ice storm hits, stranding them at a remote location and out of contact with the district office, that the full severity of their situation becomes clear. As the storm worsens, the forces of nature combine with a deadly enemy closing in to put their lives at imminent risk. Can they survive long enough for help to arrive--if help is even coming at all?

My Thoughts:

Nancy Mehl has ramped up the suspense and terror in this book , the first of her new series, "Defenders of Justice"!  This author has kept me engaged while reading all of her previous books, however, THIS book has to be the best so far!! To be able to create a such a novel, while maintaining a Christian view and underlying themes is a unique talent that few authors have! I was kept on the edge of my seat with my heart throbbing as I read long after my bedtime! Thank goodness for my Kindle, as I lay in bed with the house in darkness , reading and reading .......

The characters are so well and realistically described that I walked alongside them in their rocky paths of terror. Mercy appealed to me from the  first chapter and I easily identified with her. I felt her every worry, fear, as she brought me into her battle to stay alive! Mark was  had me loving him at times and wanting to shake him up at others.

The plot was full of suspense and fear. This book is a first class example of a mystery/thriller. The unexpected twists and turns that occurred at the most surprising times, had me "quaking in my boots"!  To say that this novel is a compelling tale just doesn't seem adequate. It was superior in its ability to keep a reader glued to the page. 

My only problem..... I was sorry when I read the last page of the book. I impatiently waiting  for Book 2 in the series !!

This is a five star book!! I highly recommend it to all readers!

This book was a gift. The opinions and thoughts expressed are honest and my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...