25 Book Reviews

Friday, June 24, 2011

Book Review of a Favorite Author- Kathleen Fuller's new book- "Treasuring Emma"

Treasuring Emma
By Kathleen Fuller
Kathy Fuller is one special lady and author. After reading some of her books, and meeting her last summer, I knew she was one author, sincere and faithful in her beliefs. I already loved her books and knew ,after spending time with her, she would always write my favorite kind of books- filled with excitement, some humor,  challenges and most importantly the deep faith of the Amish people.
Treasuring Emma is a priceless  book- Kathy has written the best of all her books so far, of course, I always say that about my favorite author's newest book!! LOL!
Her main character, Emma, always puts the needs of others ahead of her own.  But she encounters a challenge- here heart is torn and she has to make a huge decision. Which is the best for her?? WOW!! What a problem!! I had enough of a problem deciding on one!!
Adam, who was Emma's first love,  left her hometown of Middlefield , wanting to experience the Yankee world. This devastated Emma- however, he returns, only to break her heart again- this time , with making important decisions , which will affect the rest of her life. 
Emma has been caring for her mother, meeting those challenges, as well as dealing with a difficult sister who seem to think  every thing she does is not enough. Financial stress is apparent. 
When a stranger comes to town, Emma has to decide- who is the one that REALLY cares and will be her permanent helpmate!! 
Kathy has the ability to draw you into her characters and feel their pain and indecision. You feel their joys, challenges and their happiness , when they make the right decision.
I absolutely LOVED this book. The plot had enough twists and turns to keep me interested and I had a strong feeling for the characters. They became part of me as I  became involved in their lives.
Highly recommended for ALL Amish fiction lovers- and if you have never tried to read one- this is ideal to start with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...