25 Book Reviews

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Vannetta Chapman Writes ANOTHER Winning Novel!!

         "Raging Storm"
     By Vannetta Chapman

Synopsis: 

in the Darkness,
Anarchy Awakens
When a massive solar flare wiped out all modern technology across the globe, the small town of Abney, Texas, was thrown into chaos. Shelby Sparks and her teenage son, Carter, have found refuge, but Shelby knows she can't simply remain hidden. Carter is a type 1 diabetic in need of insulin—and Shelby will risk her life traveling to Austin to make sure he gets it.

Shelby's best friend and high school sweetheart, Max Berkman, won't even consider letting her make the perilous journey alone. Together, they manage to reach the capital—only to discover that while things are desperate in Abney, Austin has turned into an urban nightmare on the brink of anarchy.

Shelby and Max's search for medical supplies will lead them into terrifying territory, where the only thing more uncertain than finding what they need is the hope of making it out of the city alive.
* * *
In this second book in an eerily plausible, action-packed dystopian series, survival will be threatened and faith will be put to the ultimate test as a raging storm engulfs America.


My Thoughts:

Having read Vannetta's first book in this series entitled "The Remnant". I was eagerly anticipating the adventures that this book would bring!! Never would I have thought that I would be "hooked" on Dystopian fiction!! BUT, I am now (at least with the author being Vannetta Chapman)!! Her first book, "Deep Shadows" had me on the edge of my seat with my heart pounding ! I am pleased to say that this second book was certainly no disappointment!! It is totally believable , thus very frightening. The situations that occur could happen in our lifetime. It is a story that is written is such realistic and believable detail, that it stays with you long after you have finished reading. I found myself searching deep within, am I ready to cope with the challenges and disasters that the characters met on a daily basis??

The characters are ordinary people just like you and I! But what they encounter is everyone's nightmare! They are easy to identify with and I found myself  so deeply involved in their lives that I worried about them and so wanted to reach out to help! I had to remind myself that this is  a work of fiction!!  Shelby and Max were indeed dear, caring Christians who were struggling to survive! The desire to succeed was clear! Their challenges became mine as I walked along beside them in this roller coaster ride of life. The valleys were so deep that the hills seemed very low!! 

The plot moved steadily and quickly with twists and turns cropping up at the most unexpected moments. I had many questions and suspicions however they constantly were disrupted and proven wrong as a new problem appeared on the scene. 

This book is most definitely a cliff hanger!! I am barely hanging on as I await the next in this series!! The ending cropped up so quickly, it hit me with a giant bang!! I HAVE to find out what will happen next!!

Get writing , Vannetta!! I can't wait too long!!

This book was a gift. The opinions expressed are honest and my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your review! And I promise...Light of Dawn will answer all of your questions. ��

    ReplyDelete

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...