25 Book Reviews

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Nancy Mehl writes another winning novel!!

"Blind Betrayal"
  By Nancy Mehl

Synopsis:



Deputy U.S. Marshal Casey Sloane has worked at the St. Louis Marshals office for two years and is given a routine assignment to help transport a reporter to D.C. to testify before a grand jury. Valerie, the reporter, was writing a story about an up-and-coming environmentalist who suddenly disappeared and, she later discovered, whose backers purportedly have ties to a terrorist.

When the seemingly ordinary assignment suddenly takes a shocking turn, Casey is forced to put aside her own feelings about the unexpected reappearance of a man from her past as she and two other Marshals take Valerie on the run. And as it becomes dangerously clear Valerie's testimony has even bigger implications than they knew, they'll do whatever it takes to make it out alive.


My Thoughts:

Nancy wraps up her Defenders of Justice series with a definite "heart in your throat" kind of terror!!   I found myself on the edge of my seat from the first chapter, until I read the last page of this book!! All I can say is ,  "WOW!"  If you love romantic suspense, this is a book that you just can't miss reading!! A clean Christian book that will keep you up long after bedtime! I could not put this book down! Although this is the third book in the series, it can easily be enjoyed as a stand alone. 

The author has a unique talent of describing her main characters in such a realistic, detailed way that you immediately identify with them and feel their every fear and challenge. To say I became one with each of them is to put it mildly! Their fears and terrors became mine!! The age old question, which should come first, duty or family, is one that the reader ponders as the plot progresses. The plot is full of unexpected twists and turns  that the reader is held captive from the first to the last page. 

Now, I am eagerly awaiting Nancy Mehl's next new series!! 

This is definitely a five star book!!

I received this book as a gift. The opinions and thoughts expressed are honest and my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...