25 Book Reviews

Sunday, August 9, 2020

The Many “Why’s” Asked About Writing Amish Fiction! Beth Wiseman has the answers!


"Writing about the Amish:
                    A Memoir"

           By Beth Wiseman

Synopsis:


WHY DOES EVERY BETH WISEMAN BOOK INCLUDE A RED SUITCASE?

This is one of the many questions answered by an author who has sold over two million books. Beth has penned more than forty books about the Plain People in Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Indiana. In this collection of essays, Beth gives readers a glimpse into her personal life and shares experiences she's had while writing about the Amish. 

INCLUDES PHOTOS, AMISH RECIPES, AND A "BONUS" SHORT STORY!”

My Thoughts:

As many of my blog followers know, Beth Wiseman is a favourite author of mine. I have been reading her books since the first one was published! Never has one of her creations disappointed me!! Each is unique and full of unexpected twists and turns. This book is very different in that it answers questions that many of lovers of the Amish genre have. It is a short collection of memoirs that Beth has put together so that we can better understand how she gathers her information.  It is full of her experiences, many of which are humorous and will leave you in giggles at times. I did find out about Beth's hidden red suitcase several years ago and have had such fun attempting to  find it in each new book that she writes. I loved finding out how Beth did her research so that she can portray the Amish  in an accurate, realistic fashion. Beth relates her experiences in such a way that you can easily identify with them. i guarantee that you will enjoy this creation! I smile when I think back of the situations Beth encountered. 

Beth also includes a short story about an orphan boy. It tugs at your heartstrings, as it is related in this author' s unique style of storytelling.  I enjoyed every page and was only disappointed when I read the words, "THE END"!

Also included are some Amish recipes.  What a bonus!!!

This book was supplied by the author. I was not required to write a positive review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...