25 Book Reviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Wonderful New Magazine: Recipes and Articles reflecting the Plain Life


I must say, when I subscribed to this magazine, I expected it to be good, knowing the editor's reputation - in producing cookbooks and recipes, BUT was totally shocked by the stunning photography and creative, delicious recipes that were there!! It is more than a magazine, it is a book to be on your coffee table to be perused by all who enter your home. In fact, my daughter's boyfriend picks it up and studies it every time he sits in the living room!!! And- to top it off, he realizes that he will get to taste some of these wonderful meals!!

The recipes are not only shown in outstanding photography, but they are easy to make and taste as good as they look. Trust me, I have already made several, and I am not a talented chef, by any means. Sherry has come up with prize winning treats to satisfy every palate. There are scrumptious desserts, main courses, treats and the old favorites- tomato soup and grilled cheese- with a special twist. Fantastic recipes that appeal to those of all ages!!

There are articles among the recipes that are written by the Plain People (Amish) that add a special little touch to an already outstanding magazine. They add that personal note that just adds to the attraction.

I can hardly wait for the next magazine to come out. To be honest, this will become one of my most used "cookbooks" that I own. Yahoo, Sherry!!! You have another winning publication !!!

I highly recommend that you subscribe to this magazine! All I can say is WOW!

3 comments:

  1. I love this magazine! And you are so right! The pictures are stunning! The articles are well written and the recipes WOW!

    This magazine is well worth the investment. You will not be disappointed! In fact, once you get done reading it from cover to cover, you will wish it came out more often than quarterly! I can't wait for the next issue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynne, glad you agree with me! Sherry has outdone herself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is right, Karla! I am so impressed with this magazine--content, photographs, lay-out, even the paper stock. A keeper! No pun intended. :)
    Warmly, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...