25 Book Reviews

Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Great New Christian Historical Romance!

"Love in the Balance"
   By Regina Jennings



About Love in the Balance

Handsome Cowboy or Debonair Tycoon.
How's a Girl to Choose?
Molly Lovelace dreams of a life without cares in Lockhart, Texas. She also dreams of handsome wrangler Bailey Garner, her ardent but inconsistent beau. The problem is, with Bailey's poor prospects, she just can't fit the two dreams together.
Then mysterious stranger Edward Pierrepont sweeps into town-and her life-and for the first time Molly wonders if she's met the man who can give her everything. But he won't be in Lockhart long and while it certainly seems like he talks about their glorious future together, she can't quite get Bailey out of her mind.

What's a girl to do with all these decisions when love is in the balance?

 My thoughts on this book:

For a fan who is attempting, and I must say, succeeding, to learn to enjoy historical fiction, this book was an ideal read! Although I have just started to read this genre with enjoyment, in an attempt to “widen my horizons” , Regina managed to hook my attention and KEEP it throughout the story!! That is a great feat in itself!!
Regina demonstrates an excellent ability to describe her characters in a detailed, realistic fashion. Molly, the main character, became my friend. I was often frustrated by her choices, sometimes loved her, sometimes felt some dislike, wanted to give my advice when I thought she had made a poor choice! This , to me, makes a good book. When I can identify with the characters, my interest is magnified . The two male characters on which the story centres, Edward and Bailey, are both equally well developed throughout the book. These two very opposite personalities are described so well that I was able to picture each in my mind as I read. Both of them frustrated me at times, and I wanted to give each of them a good shake! LOL All characters are very well defined. The details given enhance the plot and maintain your interest throughout the story.

The plot is outstanding in its twists and turns. I would think that I had the story all figured out, when suddenly , in the next chapter, all my hopes were dashed and complications arose. I was glued to the book, could NOT put it down, as I had to discover the unknown!! THAT makes a great book!!

I would highly recommend this book to all fans. Definitely a five star book! A new author to keep your eyes on. I am eagerly awaiting the next book!!



Meet Regina:  
  
Regina Jennings is a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University with a degree in English and a history minor. She has worked at The Mustang News and First Baptist Church of Mustang, along with time at the Oklahoma National Stockyards and various livestock shows. She now lives outside Oklahoma City with her husband and four children. 
Find out more about Regina at 
 Link to buy the book: http://ow.ly/iTdiA 
To see other reviews of this book:  http://litfusegroup.com/author/rjennings 
This book was provided by Litfuse in exchange for a fair and honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...