25 Book Reviews

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Another Winning Novel from the Author of "Angel Sister", Ann H. Gabhart

"Love Comes Home"
 By Ann H. Gabhart

Ann has indeed written another fantastic story! Although it is listed as "historical fiction", which is not my favorite genre, I , myself, would label it just Christian Fiction. Regardless, I absolutely loved this book!

World War II is over and the people in the town of Rosey Corner are welcoming the boys home. A particular group of sisters, the Merritts,  are definitely looking forward to welcoming the future. Kate wishes to start a family and live in a dreamily happy ever after mode. Evangeline's desires include a beautiful home and encourages her husband to pastor a big town church. Victoria wants the impossible and Lorena is growing up with the wish to discover her true roots of her birth family. 

Each sister must learn that God has HIS plans and you can not "mess" with them!!  They have to "go with the flow" and trust the One who will guide and strengthen them to share the sorrows and joys of life in their little corner of the world. 

I must say that I was enthralled by this book from beginning to end! The characters tugged at my heartstrings as they went through struggles and heartaches. I easily identified with the confusion of determining God's will in their lives. Each Merritt sister dealt with life in her own unique way. It is so easy to say you will follow His plan but certainly there is a challenge in giving up your own hopes and desires. The characters were ordinary people in a small town who believed in God's grace. This theme followed them throughout the story. Not always an easy task, but Gabhart writes in her realistic style that has you living the drama of their lives. 

This author excels at writing true to life dramas. The intertwining plots kept me going until the last page and reading until the wee hours of the night. This third book, in the series, truly stirs the soul. Just when I thought that I had all the answers, another twist or turn would change my guesses. This book could likely be read as a stand alone, however, I believe that you get more out of it , if you have a background , getting to know the characters. 

This book left a feeling of the overflowing of grace and goodness, shining through the struggles. A truly uplifting read!! I would encourage any reader to pick it up and give it a try. No hiding of real life problems, BUT the message is loud and clear: God can and will see you through the tough times! 

Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Fantastic Read by One of My Favorite Authors, Vannetta Chapman!

An Amish Proposal for Christmas  By Vannetta Chapman Synopsis: Her deepest Christmas wish will bring more than she imagined…in this novel by...